Nomination Now Open for Board Member and Committee Member - Last date for filling the form is November 30,2015
Ref: Call for board nominations and committee members for HIMSS Asia Pacific India Chapter
About HIMSS( www.himss.org ) positively transforms health and healthcare through the best use of information technology. As a cause-based non-profit, HIMSS provides thought leadership, community building, professional development, public policy, and events. HIMSS North America represents 61,000 individual members, 640 corporate members, and over 450 non-profit organizations. Thousands of volunteers work with HIMSS to improve the quality, cost-effectiveness, access, and value of healthcare through IT.
Better health through information technology.
Globally, lead endeavours optimizing health engagements and care outcomes through information technology.
About HIMSS Asia Pacific India chapter : http://india.himsschapter.org/
HIMSS Asia Pacific Chapter is the first HIMSS chapter outside of USA and was set up in 2010. The organization’s goal is to help adoption of Information Technology in healthcare and we engage with all the stakeholders for achieving our goals. HIMSS Asia Pacific India Chapter is at the forefront of providing the much needed thought leadership for the transformation of Indian healthcare through the adoption of IT.
Activities of HIMSS India:
India Chapter is actively engaged in publishing report and white papers. It organizes annual Digital India Health Summit.
Our Board Members are engaged in advocacy and policy efforts and support the government efforts in pursuing Digital Health Initiatives.
HIMSS actively collaborative engagement with associations and organizations involved in advancement of IT in Healthcare.
Tenure for the board members: 31st December 2015 – December 30th 2017
Criteria - 1-5 is a must have for applying for the board position
- Min experience of 15yrs in Healthcare / HCIT with a demonstrated contribution to India’s Healthcare IT sector. Preference will be given to people with more experience
- Must be holding a senior management role in the organization for over 5 years
- Must have spoken at a minimum of four reputed forums / conferences in the past one year
- Should have a standing in the industry to raise resources / funding for pursuing the mission of HIMSS
- Should be able to volunteer time and efforts to help the organization achieve its mission
Expectation of being a board member of HIMSS Asia Pacific India
- Attendance required at four meetings per year, including a face to face meeting once a year. Cost of the face to face meeting will be borne by HIMSS India. These board meetings are besides the monthly calls as decided by the Board / Chair, frequency of calls might vary with the tasks at hand with the organization .Those who fail to attend two consecutive calls / meetings will be automatically removed from the board.
- Estimated time commitment is a minimum of 2 hours a week + subcommittees and working groups may require additional time between meetings
- Open only to individuals who are currently in the area of health care industry, and based in India
- Open only to individuals who support the purposes of the HIMSS Mission and Vision
- Members, who nominates for the Chapter Board, must be holding a valid HIMSS membership.
- All the board members are expected to do a self-appraisal of their annual contributions and those not delivering are expected to make way for other members.
Criteria for committee members / Volunteers
- Working in HCIT
- Committing to invest 4 hours a month ,
- Holding a valid membership of HIMSS
- AND having a passion to be a change agent for healthcare IT
Please note :
- Last date for receiving nominations Nov 30,2015
- Announcement of board results Dec 24th 2015